DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, THERE ARE SOME NEWS ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
- SOCO 2020 moves to a blended conference.
- Video presentation formatting issues
- Video presentation submission
VIDEO-PRESENTATION FORMATTING ISSUES
Each speaker, no matter whether he/she is a on-site or an on-line attendee, must produce a video-presentation for each participation considering the following requirements:
- Prepare the slides using your preferred method (Power Point, Beamer, etc).
- Produce an MP4 (video plus audio) version of the slides. This MP4 file should include all the information the speaker wants to explain about his/her contribution. In addition to the slides, the video-presentation could contains extra pieces of video or any other kind of media you consider suitable.
Each video must be 10 minutes long at most. Longer videos will be rejected.
Recommended resolution: 720p (1280x720px).
Recommended aspect ratio: 16:9.
- The deployed MP4 file should be a stand-alone MP4 file that can be played without further human intervention.
- Alternatives to produce the MP4 file are the next:
- The simplest alternative can be a MS PowerPoint with VoiceOver (if you have prepared your slides with this tool) or any other application. See this link to get help on obtaining an MP4 file with MS PowerPoint – https://cutt.ly/byzagpz
- If you want to merge different video/media sources (slides, webcam, extra videos, ..) we suggest using open source applications, such as OBS Studio. See this link to get help on obtaining an MP4 file using OBS Studio – https://cutt.ly/JyzablM
These are simple tools that are widely used and documented in the web. You can ask us any question at email@example.com, but keep in mind that we are not experts.